02 May Telemedicine By Hygeia HMO
Call a Doctor in English, Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa
Due to the coronavirus pandemic at large, it may not be safe to go out on hospital visits now. It is very likely that carriers of the coronavirus who are not aware of their status might be at the hospital innocently getting help. Making frequent trips to the hospital can increase your chances of contracting the coronavirus.
However, despite the risk we still need proper medical care.
What if you or a loved one gets sick during this period and needs to see a doctor for a preexisting or new medical condition what happens?
To help you stay safe, Hygeia HMO a first-class health insurance service provider, based in Nigeria since 1986, has launched a health insurance plan called Tele Medicine as part of their efforts against Covid 19. This plan allows you get access to licensed medical doctors by a simple phone call or video call.
- The doctors help to manage your health concerns both minor illnesses or serious emergency related ones. The doctors provide medical advice and help direct you to the nearest medical facility in emergency or severe cases.
This health plan allows you access to a medical doctor from anywhere you are in the world; from home, at the office, on a business trip or on vacation.
The doctors help you manage your health condition, issue repeat prescriptions and give medication advice, where necessary. If your condition requires being seen by a doctor in person, you will be referred to their nearest medical facility.
You can now stay home and still get the medical help you need without been exposed to the corona virus.
Other benefits of the telemedicine health plan include:
- 24×7 access to doctors from your phone anywhere in the world without having to wait in line at hospitals or clinics.
- Receive honest advice based on Evidence Based Medicine – (EBM means individual clinical expertise with the best current scientific research in making decisions about the care of patients.)
- Avoid unethical medical practice and unnecessary tests & medications.
- Reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and visits to the emergency room.
- Improve health outcomes and customer satisfaction.
The doctors speak English, Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. So you can speak to a doctor in your preferred languages.
To take advantage of this health plan you can register with an agent by clicking here (terms and conditions apply).
If you already have an health insurance plan with hygiea HMO you can simply ask your agent for an upgrade.